Fall Sreening tool: STEADI is a combination of :
Static Balance tests
Romberg: EC on compliant
1. CTSIB - Clinical Test of Sensory Integration on Balance, "Foam & Dome"
Static + Dynamic Balance tests
5. Berg Balance Scale (BBS)
6. BESTest: Balance Evaluation Sytems Test (and 2 modified versions)
7. Fullerton Advanced Balance Scale (FAB)
8. Physical Performance Test - Modified (m-PPT)
9. Short Physical Performance Battery (SPPB)
10. Tinetti: Performance Oriented Mobility Assessment --POMA
11. O Sullivan functional balance scale (not validated)
Dynamic Balance tests (gait activities)
12. DGI: Dynamic Gait Index
13. FGA: Functional Gait Assessment
14. Four Square Step Test (FSST)
15. Activities-specific Balance Confidence - ABC
16. Modified Falls Efficacy Scale (MFES)
For community dwelling older adults, "important limitations, including ceiling effects and relatively low sensitivity to change and responsiveness, were noted (BBS, POMA, DGI), highlighting their limited utility across the full spectrum of the community-dwelling elderly population."
Pardasaney PK, Latham NK, Jette AM, Wagenaar RC, Ni P, Slavin MD, Bean JF. (2012). Sensitivity to change and responsiveness of four balance measures for community-dwelling older adults. Phys Ther. 92(3):388-97.
Should we offer support to get into tandem position? (Hile, 2012)
Alliance for Home Care Fall Risk Assessment Tool
E. (2013). Examination Tool Kit. University of
Updated: August 18, 2014